Please pray for this little boy...
He has endured more than some of us ever will in our lives and he's only 2 years old. He and his amazing mother are truly angels, I can't imagine what they go through on a daily basis but she will tell you and bring you to tears..
"We are still here (I think)!
Sorry I've been MIA, but finding the time or energy to blog lately is nearly impossible. I just wanted to give you guys a brief update- Tripp is doing about the same. He goes straight from the bed to the rocking chair and back to his bed- and that is what his days consist of. Some days will be better than others, but even on a "good" day, he stays in the rocker and will give us some smiles. He is currently on the last oral antibiotic option (the strongest oral antibiotic we could get) and its still not helping with his pseudomonas. He is literally covered in infection and yeast, which means he's constantly itching. I've started the Tagament which has helped a little, but he is still so uncomfortable. Baths are still unbearable. He is constantly running fevers and recently having more and more new blisters popping up. The area around his feeding tube is so raw and his feeding tube is leaking (going up in size won't help because it will only make the hole bigger). So there's nothing we can do- and feeding him or giving him his meds burns that area do bad that he cries and holds his belly each time. So it's been hard just getting enough nutrition in him to keep him gaining weight. But he's a fighter, I'll tell you. He's not ready to give up... He's such a ham when he's feeling okay."
To read more about the horrible disease that Tripp has (Junctional Epidermolysis Bullosa) and his story please follow the link below.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you Tripp and your truly amazing mother Courtney...
No comments:
Post a Comment