"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth - and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, we will then begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had."
~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
We all say and hear things like this quote each and every day but many of us don't truly understand and I have been one of them. It's so easy to do in our busy lives until we are slapped in the face with a reminder. These last few days, needless to say I have been reminded and fortunately, not with my immediate family but still a very sad couple days. Today, yesterday, and Sunday I have known of someone to pass away. Two I have never met in my life and one I worked with a few years ago. One elderly but sudden, one about my mother's age lost her battle with cancer, and a dear friend is said goodbye to a friend who was only 33. Another lady I used to work with is losing her 5 year old granddaughter to an inoperable brain stem tumor.
So I have been reminded...
So I have been reminded...
...to appreciate the gift of each new day.
...to stop and smell the flowers.
...to laugh, sing and dance as if no one is watching.
...to give hugs, kisses, and say I love you each and every day.
...to cherish our dates as a family.
...to take pictures no matter what we are doing.







1 comment:
Beautiful post, Erica. Thanks for the reminder.
LeAnn
Post a Comment