Yes, I know...

I am told and asked often if I realize how lucky I am.  Most of the time it's in reference to our happy, healthy, beautiful set of twins and especially being blessed with one boy and one girl.  Usually I respond, "More than you know."  Simple but so very true.  But at the same time I want to tell them...


Yes, I know how lucky I am...especially after being told that the love of my life and I could not have children naturally and that I would have to endure many different meds orally and through injections as well as emotional ups and downs for months to then not know if it would all be worth it in the end.


Yes, I know how lucky I am...to have happy, healthy babies for so many others out there are going thru hell because their child has a birth defect, or is mentally or physically challenged, or is sick and may never get better; because their child did not make it out of the NICU like Mason & Izabella; or their dreams of having a family of their own will not come true.


Yes, I know how lucky I am...to have a wonderful family, great friends, and the most amazing husband who loves me unconditionally inside and out.  Even with all of that, I am so fortunate to be able to be a stay-at-home mother most days with my babies and enjoy everything from waking up with them, watching them sleep, going for a walk or dancing together in our beautiful home we have created.


Yes, I know how lucky I am...to be able to sit here and write this and to feel this way.  Unfortunately, there are so many right now that can not say that they feel they are so lucky, but I haven't always felt so lucky at many times in my life either.  So now when someone asks me if I realize how lucky I am, I do.  I only hope and pray the same for everyone...

With love,
Erica

No comments: