Mommy did it!

After taking a couple years off, I decided to sign up again this year for the Northshore Inline Marathon!  It was a little different this year knowing that it had been three years since I last took part in the race, I'm now a mother of twins, I turned 30 this year and I didn't train for it like I should have.  But with the support from my wonderful brother Justin the first half of the race and my amazing father who stuck by me the whole time and literally had to push me a few times, I crossed that finish line!  It's amazing what rollerblading 26.2 miles in 2 hours, 11 minutes and 36 seconds can do to you!  Yes, I'm a little sore but other than that, it's been a refreshing reminder that I can do anything I put my mind to!
Next up, walking 60 miles in Dallas come November in the fight against breast cancer!
P.S.  Thank you to our 26.0 mile supporters, it was wonderful seeing all of you after making it up that off ramp and heading to the finish line!  I love you all!

No comments: