As many of you know, a couple of years ago I was not a runner and would have thought you were crazy if you said I was going to take on a half marathon in my lifetime. Well, never say never for with the encouragement of two amazing ladies and the support of family and friends I accomplished something I never thought possible for myself.
Not only crossing that finish line but seeing my family about the 12 mile marker were two of the best moments of my life. I couldn't help but cry as I saw my family for the emotions that come over you during an event like this back in your home town. It was surreal to be a part of Grandma's for growing up in Superior/Duluth area that's all you ever heard about every June so it was such a great experience for myself as well as my family to be a part of for the first time! I hope to take part again!
I love you so much and could have never done this without you and your never ending support!
My baby girl…it was so empowering to have my daughter see me run and let her know she can do anything she puts her mind to! Some matching purple nail polish on our (Bella & I) fingers was a good motivator too! Mason was supporting me too of course but was not up for pictures.
So sweet…thank you baby girl!
Would not be where I am today without these two!
I love you so very much Mom & Dad!
Where do I begin…who knew that so much time would go by and yet we would pick up just where we left off and better than ever! You are truly amazing Colleen and one of the best friends a girl could ever ask for. I am so happy that we were able to share this experience together for it's one I will never forget!
First Half Marathon 13.1 in 2:10:26
June 22, 2013




No comments:
Post a Comment