Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day, Dallas 2010

We did it!!!!
My sister-in-law and I walked & rolled all 60 miles in the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day
over this last weekend in Dallas, Texas! 
I don't know where to begin, for this is the most amazing experience (well just below being blessed with an amazing husband and our two little miracles) and have to admit that this one is the best one yet after taking part in the Twin Cities 3-Day two years in a row in '06 & '07.  Of course, this one was extra special for my sister-in-law joined me in the fight and rolled every single mile with me!  I love you Angie and incase you ever forget, you are an amazing, beautiful, inspiriational woman who can do anything and I am so honored to have you in my life as my sister!
Thank you to all of my family & friends who supported me during this journey, I couldn't have done it without you and a special thank you to my husband and my two beautiful babies who remind me each and every day how much I am loved and truly blessed to be me! 
I love you more than words can say...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If you would like, please follow our journey below along with pictures! 

The morning of Day 1 before the Opening Ceremonies in Plano, TX

Flags with reasons we walk, especially the one that says Aunt, Mother, & Grandmother.  I love you Aunt Berta, MIL, Grandma Johnson & Grandma Corrine.
Survivors who walked along side us
The names on the strips of paper are who we all walk in remembrance, honor, and support of.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Our amazing supporters along the route every single day!

Need a lift?  Count on "The Bump"...

& Scooby Boobie Doo!
Kids outside their school on Friday to support us!
Dancing & singing to keep us going!
One of many crew members who watched out for us
every step of the way!
Dr. Suess themed pit stop!
One crazy supporter!
One of many amazing things we saw along the way...
Yes, it is a pink fire truck in support of breast cancer!
A fellow walker who was breastfeading along the way!  Haha!
Love, Hope, Awareness, Rescue
GO Pack!  How ironic that the Packers played the
Cowboys the weekend I was in Dallas!
These two men supported us each and every day!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Day 2

After a cold nights' sleep we were ready to go!
Memories to last a lifetime...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
3-Day Camp
Camp at Brookhaven College in Dallas, TX
The sea of pink tents... (this was only half!)

The last walker made it home!

Having fun with games and a dance party Saturday night at camp!
Some of the 200+ men who walked!
Remembrance tents...
Dallas
Twin Cities
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Day 3 and feeling great!

Over half way with my amazing sister and friend Susan!
Beautiful day in Dallas!


Home of the Dallas Stars!
6th floor window to the far right, sniper's window where
Lee Harvey Oswald assassinated John F. Kennedy.
Two marks down the middle of this road where the shots were fired.
John F. Kennedy memorial
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We did it!!!


Sister's who walked and rolled every mile for a cure!
The amazing, inspirational celebrity of the weekend!
We did it and made one amazing friend over the weekend too!
Closing Ceremonies...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As I mentioned before, this was once again an amazing experience and reminds me that it doesn't matter what I own, what I drive, or where I live for as long as I have my health, family and friends, life is good, so very good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post is so wonderful Erica! I love all the pictures. I am teary just looking at them, I can't imagine how you must have felt being there in person. Congratulations on this big accomplishment!
LeAnn

Scott, Erica, Mason & Izabella said...

Thank you so much LeAnn! It was a wonderful experience and thank you for reading about it!