Well it's almost been a week and I still can't believe that they are finally here with us! For those of you who maybe are wondering how it all happened and what's been going on, here are some more details.
It was last Wednesday morning, 12:15am when my water broke. I wasn't for sure so I called the hospital and they told me to come in for there is a test that they can do to make sure, which in my case the nurse said, "Your water definately broke!" We got the the hospital about 1:45am and just before we left the house did I start to feel contractions. Needless to say things moved pretty quickly. I was about 3cm dialated at arrival when we called our parents to tell them the news and then about 4am I was already to 6cm in which I decided to get an epidural. From there it wasn't until about 8am when they checked me again and I was to 8cm already so we made another call to our parents to tell them that things were going to happen very soon! I was then taken to another room to deliver (being it was a twin delivery and there is a chance of a c-section with the second twin) at about 9:15am and within a half an hour Mason was born! He was at 9:42am and she came exactly a half an hour later at 10:12am! Both sets of grandparents and Uncle Justin were there shortly after and couldn't believe they were already here, all within eleven hours! Everything went very well and I was able to have the vaginal birth of both twins that I had hoped for!
The twins were taken to the NICU right away to be examined and have been there since for they just need some help eating but are catching on very well! They each had to be in an incubator for about 48 hours and then they were moved to cribs for they were able to maintain their temps on their own! Then on Sunday they got moved into the same room which has been just wonderful for Scott & I! Oh, and I was discharged on Friday morning and have been recovering great! We've been with them every day since and can't wait to bring them home, hopefully very soon! They are doing great and continue to make great progress each and every day. We thank you again for your thoughts and prayers, we truly appreciate them!
Love,
Scott, Erica, Mason, & Izabella
1 comment:
Congrats Guys!! There both absolutely beautiful and Erica you look great to...My thoughts and prayers are with you two.
Miss you Amber
PS can't wait to see more pics.
Post a Comment